Monday, October 8, 2012

Staining wood with homemade stain !

When buying wood to transferring photos to I've noticed that the only options at the craft stores are light colored or untreated wood.  I really wanted some darker wood for some gifts I've been working on, and decided to try to find a way to stain the wood at home.  I then looked to good ole Pinterest :)  And, she didn't fail me!  I used this blogs directions http://www.homeheartcraft.com/blog/diy-vintage-wood-stain to make my own stain and it worked great!  It was a bit too dark for what I was looking for after the 2nd coat, so I'll probably only put one on from now on.  Here are a few photos.

Also, I used a apple cider vinegar, instant coffee grounds, and steel wool from a SOS cleaning pad ( I washed all the cleaner off. It was cheaper this way ).

I'm transferring a photo to it right now. So, I'll let you know how that goes... ?


First coat


Second Coat...

No comments:

Post a Comment